Monday 26 December 2011

Path of Love and Meditation


When he [Don Stevens] next met Baba, he asked him why Baba did not urge persons like himself to meditate.
Baba smiled and explained to Don Stevens:
“I am the Avatar and I must provide for all of the seven hundred to fourteen hundred years that go by after I drop the body and until I come again. During my manifestation and for some time after I drop my body, the high road of all roads of inner development is love and direct relatedness with the Avatar.
That road is now fully open to the aspiring seeker and should be used. But gradually, as the truth and presence of the Avatar begins to diminish, the ability to use the Path of Love begins to be less and less available.
Therefore, humanity will have to use lesser, secondary techniques. One of the very best of these is meditation, and so I have given out these extensive discourses on meditation.
However do not mistake me, because meanwhile -- during my manifestation (in my lifetime) and for some time afterwards -- it is a distraction and waste of an individual’s time and energies to use meditation. He should use all of his force and energies in utilizing this Path of Love that is fully open to him.”
Meher Baba in Lord Meher, page 6407

Meher Baba with Don Stevens  -  Bhau and Pendu are in the background

No comments:

Post a Comment